That's right - I've decided to become a corporate shill in the time elapsed since my last post.
Actually, it was just last night that I discovered the wonderful, free, open-source browser Mozilla Firefox, available at http://www.mozilla.org . It is a huge improvement over the bloated corporateware that Microsoft's undeservingly ubiquitous Internet Exploder has become over the years. I've only been using it for one day, and I may never go back.
Points in its favour vs Internet Exploiter:
- Faster loading time.
- Uses less system resources.
- Customizable themes - make it look the way you want it to.
- More secure.
- Built-in search engines including Google, Ebay, Amazon, Yahoo, and you can add more or remove ones you don't want.
- Tabbed browsing keeps your desktop uncluttered.
- Live RSS Bookmarks (haven't ried this one yet, but it sounds cool...)
- Bill Gates doesn't get to add a dime to his money bin.
Download it at http://www.mozilla.org and see what you've been missing...
*Shudder* - I feel so dirty...